Please feel free to use the chart on your posts. Just link back here!
Participating is pretty easy.
- You have all of 2014 to read a book for each square.
- A book can only count for 1 square. There will be 25 books for this challenge.
- The books read for this project can come from other projects you’re participating in: school, review books, other challenge or events, books for fun.
- If you blog, keep a post/page for the challenge. Update the post/page when you read a book for the challenge with a link to your thoughts/review of the book. Make sure to state which square the book counts for!
- If you feel like it, write check in posts every few months. Update us on how you feel about the ‘new’ books you’re reading.
- I’ll keep a page here for people to add review links to. It would be nice to see how others are feeling about the challenge. Add links to your reviews here.
That’s it! Hopefully by the end of the year we will be more adventurous in our reading.
*Most of the categories are pretty self explanatory. Here are the details for the ‘questionable’ ones:
- Read a Chunkster: Read a book with 600+ pages.
- Reading by Ear: Listen to an audiobook
- Accidentally Watched the Movie First: You didn’t realize the movie was based on a book until after you watched it. Ideally you haven’t read the book yet.
- Relive the Magic: Reread a book you really enjoyed as a kid but haven’t touched it since then.
- Gathering Dust: You’ve had this book for years and you still haven’t read it.
- Loved By Others: Other people really love this book but for whatever reason you haven’t read it yet.
- Lost in Translation: This book was originally written in another language.
- Second Chance: You read this book a while back and didn’t enjoy it, didn’t finish it, or were on the fence about it. Time to give it another try!