Thanks for your interest in having me review your book! Try looking for others with the Book Blogger Search Engine!
This blog is primarily a public reading journal. I use it to share my thoughts on the books I read. I work full time in a library so my reading time is very limited. Because of this I’m very picky about the books I choose to accept for review. I’m only going to accept review requests that really interest and excite me. I think that’s the fairest thing for both of us. I’m pretty clear about what I like and want to read so please respect my wishes.
I am very flattered with every request I receive but I can’t respond to everyone. I will get back to you if I’m interested in reviewing your book.
Please do NOT attach your book in the first email you send me.
I will consider review requests for Young Adult and Middle Grade books in these genres:
- Science Fiction
- Dystopia/Post-apocalyptic Fiction
- Fantasy. (No LOTR-esque fantasy for me. I like more “urban” fantasy like Percy Jackson or Harry Potter.)
- Occasionally Contemporary Fiction (I really prefer the funny books over the more serious ones)
- Some Historical Fiction. (Preferably no Middle Ages or older time periods.)
- Books that incorporate mythology (Greek mythology is my favorite!), other literature, or literary figures.
- If your book is similar to something I’ve read and enjoyed. (Make sure you tell me what it’s similar to!)
- I’m very, very, very picky about self published books. I only consider ones that are highly polished and edited.
Books I am NOT accepting for review requests
- Adult Fiction
- Children’s books (ages 0 to about 9)
- Paranormal romance
- Romance [Seriously, even YA romance or with a touch of romance. I hate it.]
- Religious/Spiritual books [I am religious; I just prefer to pick out my own books on the subject]
- Non-fiction; Self- Help
*Fair warning, I’m not a fan of tons of gore, language, sex, or drugs. If your book has a lot of any of those, I’m not going to like it too much and will rate and review it accordingly.
I do not accept physical books (I have no room for the books I already own!) Ebooks only. I have a Kindle so any ebooks must be Kindle compatible.
*I am on NetGalley. If your book is on there, let me know in the request!
- Who you are
- Title and Author’s name
- Age Group and Genre of book (example: YA Mystery or MG Historical Fiction)
- Book cover
- Amazon link and Goodreads link
- Release date (if it’s not out)
- Do you need a review by a certain day? If so, when?
- Why I would enjoy the book. I have tons to read so I need a very good reason to procrastinate on my books.
- Any other information you want to share about the book
When I accept a book:
- I try my best to read and review everything I accept. There is a chance I might DNF (did not finish) the book. I still write a “review” if that happens. I only discuss what I read and my reasons for not finishing it. It might not be my cup of tea but instead be perfect for one of my readers.
- I don’t guarantee a positive review. My thoughts are my honest opinions; what I liked and what I didn’t like.
- Turn around time varies. I’ve been scheduling posts lately so I tend to be booked for about 3-4 weeks out at any time. Let me know in advance if you want a review by a certain time.
- I post my reviews here and on Goodreads and sometimes Amazon.
Read all that and your book fits? Email me.
I do not accept guest post requests. I prefer to write my own blog content. If by some chance that changes, I will contact who I’d like to write a guest post.
Like I said above, this is a personal reading journal not an advertising platform for authors. I am open to the idea of posting other book goodies on the blog if I support and believe in the book.
Basic Stats as of March 2014:
- 407 Followers
- 124 Goodreads Friends
- 337 Twitter Followers