“Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3) “ by Sarah Rees Brennan
Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal
Summary from Goodreads:
Powerful love comes with a price. Who will be the sacrifice?
Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.
Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami will use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility—and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most.
- While I really love Kami, Jared, and Ash, I’m getting a bit sick of the love triangle situation going on.
- The importance of family (and friends who are like family) is really strong in this series and I love it. It’s great seeing family and friends sticking around even when the world is falling apart.
- I was getting annoyed and a bit bored with Rob’s antics. It was getting a bit repetitive and he felt like a cliched villain (which I love that someone commented on).
- The story did feel a bit slow moving.
- The mix of humorous and serious elements was great. I liked that Kami kept her personality when everything was awful.
The bottom line? This was a really fun series with great characters.
Thanks for the recommendation Jenny!