Genre: Middle Grade/Children’s Fiction, Science Fiction
Summary from Goodreads:
Thirteen-year-old Jonah has always known that he was adopted, and he’s never thought it was any big deal. Then he and a new friend, Chip, who’s also adoped, begin receiving mysterious letters. The first one says, “You are one of the missing.” The second one says, “Beware! They’re coming back to get you.”
Jonah, Chip, and Jonah’s sister, Katherine, are plunged into a mystery that involves the FBI, a vast smuggling operation, an airplane that appeared out of nowhere — and people who seem to appear and disappear at will. The kids discover they are caught in a battle between two opposing forces that want very different things for Jonah and Chip’s lives.
- I liked the mystery element of the story. Babies appearing out of no where, quick adoptions, the FBI is involved. It’s very mysterious and could go any number of ways.
- It was fun seeing Chip, Katherine, and Jonah put the pieces together. They were a bit foolish with some of their decisions but what kids wouldn’t be?
- I liked the direction the story was going. It’s a shame the other stories won’t (or can’t) go in the same direction.
- Time travelers stealing children from history is an interesting idea. It will be cool to see who all the kids are.
- It was a good story that kept you reading.
The bottom line? Fun! I’ll probably try another story or two in the series.