I talked recently about blogging fatigue. A lot of people gave good advice and helpful hints. The best and most helpful advice was read. Just read and let blogging come if it wants to. With that in mind, here are my reading resolutions for the new year!
- If I find a series that I really enjoy, go ahead and binge read it! I did that a few times this year and it was great. It was so refreshing to have fresh memories of previous installments.
- Non-fiction isn’t as bad as I thought. I should pick up more of it. I don’t have to read it cover to cover. I can if I’m interested but it’s perfectly okay to skim and read the interesting-to-me sections.
- Embrace my reading kicks. If in my mood for a specific type of book, go ahead and read as many of those types of books as I want. So what if there’s not a lot of variety? It doesn’t matter as long as I’m enjoying it.
- Go ahead and try different books if I feel up to it. I might discover that I actually like that genre of book. Mysteries, Adult fiction, novel-in-verse, there are so many other types of books that I neglect.
- Read more and maybe review less. Many times I don’t have much to say about a book and that’s okay. I can just make some quick thoughts of a book and move on.