As my readers know, I’m working on a personal challenge of trying to push myself to read a bit out of my comfort zone. I even made up a whole challenge about it!
I’m working my way through the list. As you can see, there are a wide range of books on there. As you might also see, I included “self published” as a square. Self publishing is becoming more and more common these days. I’ve discovered some real gems in the self publishing world and I wanted participants in the challenge to try and find some as well.
Right…back to why I asked you here. I thought I would do an open call for a self published book to fulfill my challenge. It helps me mark off a box and it would help an author with a guaranteed honest review (on several platforms). That’s a decent deal for both of us, right?
Now for the fine print of the deal…
- This will an honest review. That may mean I don’t like a book. I don’t rip books to shreds but I’m clear about why the book didn’t work for me.
- Authors will only pitch me books on this post. No emails please.
- In the pitch, I would like the title, author, summary in your own words and a link to Goodreads/Amazon. Bonus if you want to tell me why I might like the book. 🙂
- Young Adult and Middle Grade books only.
- Overview of preferred genres: Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mysteries.
- Self published is obviously a requirement.
- I’ll leave this up for a week or two for anyone who wants to pitch their book. I will try to get the book read and reviewed as quickly as I can. Beware that it might take 4-6 weeks for the review to be posted here.
- I will be picking one book for the square. (I may be open to taking on more books if several books catch my interest.)
- Author needs to be willing to email me a review copy of their book if chosen. Kindle friendly please.
That should cover all the bases. If there are any other questions, ask below!
If you’re an author interested in this, please post your pitch in the comments below!
Are you participating in the Reading Outside the Box Challenge? If you are and you’re willing to do something like this as well, comment below (or link to your own post like this). I’d be happy to send some authors your way as well. I’ll also post your links/blogs here.