April at Good Books and Good Wine came up with this fun challenge. I’ve been seeing it pop up all over my reader so I knew I had to try my hand at it. You can check out the full details here.Day 7: Talk About Your Blogging Quirks
- I try to set up the basics of my review posts right when I start reading a book. This way I can jump into review writing when I finish the book instead of messing with formatting. I can also add notes about the book as I’m reading it.
- I don’t really have a review format. I always seem to talk about different things in every review. I kind of like that freedom though.
- I’m really growing fond of bullet point reviews. I’m a busy gal so I like being able to quickly discuss what I did and didn’t like about a book.
- I’m a HUGE fan of scheduling posts. I’m usually schedule a month or so out at any time.
- I gave up official ratings here on the blog a long time ago and I kind of like it. To me, a book with a rating of 3/5 doesn’t mean much. It could be a really solid book or a really mediocre book depending on who you’re talking to. I think saying something like “Slow going but the last bit of the book makes the book worth reading.” or “Enjoyable but not loveable.” gives a better view of how I liked the book.
Feel free to share your quirks or link me to yours!