April at Good Books and Good Wine came up with this fun challenge. I’ve been seeing it pop up all over my reader so I knew I had to try my hand at it. You can check out the full details here.Day 1: Make 15 book related confessions
- I don’t have an organization system for my books at the moment and it drives me crazy! I only have a bedroom at the moment so I have to stick my books anywhere they fit.
- I really suck at audiobooks. I like the idea of them but I really don’t have the time to listen to them. As a result it takes me months and months to get through an audiobook.
- I fail at recommending books in person. I work in a library so I do get asked to give suggestions to parents and kids about books. I can never remember anything when the ask me. Of course once they’re gone and I’m not on the spot, I can think of many books. Doh.
- I usually have multiple books going at once. I don’t find it that confusing. Plus it’s nice to jump to another book if I’m not feeling a certain book at that moment.
- Working at a library is difficult sometimes because I find many awesome sounding books but I’ll never have time to read them all.
- It would take me months to read all the unread books that I own. That doesn’t stop me from buying more books and checking out books from the library.
- It drives me crazy to hear people argue about ebooks versus physical books. They’re both wonderful for different things and can coexist with no problems. Get over it people!
- I know I get into reading slumps because I stick with the same types of books. Yet I never really move out of that comfort zone.
- I do want to branch out with my reading but it’s difficult and a bit scary! I don’t have lots of reading time so I don’t want to waste it on books I might not like.
- It makes me sad that I read some children’s classics as an adult (Narnia, Peter Pan). I liked them well enough but they don’t have the same magic that they do for children.
- I liked TFIOS but I don’t quite get all the hype behind John Green. The books were enjoyable but they didn’t rock my socks off.
- I sometimes get ‘stressed’ from checking out too many books from the library. I try to read everything I check out but when I start to see a stack growing on my desk it really worries me.
- I have like 50+ series that I’ve started and haven’t finished. Eeek. I probably won’t finish most of them though.
- I’m finally okay with DNFing books. I don’t have time to read boring/bad books!
- I own 2 Kindles. One wasn’t enough for me! :p
Feel free to share your confessions or link me to yours!