“Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte
Genre: Adult Fiction, Classic
Summary from Goodreads:
Heathcliff, an orphan, is raised by Mr. Earnshaw as one of his own children. Hindley, Mr. Earnshaw’s son, despises him, but his sister, wild Cathy, becomes Heathcliff’s constant companion, and he falls violently in love with her. When Cathy will not marry Heathcliff, his terrible vengeance ruins them all and carries over to a second generation but still their love will not die.
Stopped on page 258.
- I couldn’t do it. I really couldn’t finish this book. I read over half the book and hate it all.
- Everyone was awful and miserable.
- Cathy really bothered me. I hated that she was so oblivious. She was willing to marry someone she didn’t love just for power and money and left her friend, Heathcliff, out in the cold. I know some of that can be attributed to the time period but that really didn’t sit right with me.
- Heathcliff was just plain off his rocker.
- Oh MAN, this story was slow. I don’t mind a slow story if I’m enjoying the story.
- I didn’t find anything enjoyable about the story.
The bottom line? I hated it. I probably shouldn’t have picked this for BHA.
This was read for BHA.