This is really just a reminder for me but I’m sure many of you can relate.
- My blog is my space. I’m allowed to talk about things as I see fit.
- I’m allowed to take my time when reading. If it takes me 3 hours to read a book, that’s fine. If it takes me 2 weeks to get through a book that is fine as well.
- It’s not the end of the world if I don’t like a book everyone else gushes about. Different strokes for different folks.
- I don’t need to stress about writing a fabulous review. Simply discussing my likes/dislikes and anything else that stood out is enough for me.
- I don’t need to force myself to read things I don’t enjoy. This goes for fun reading and review request reading. If I don’t like it, I’m allowed to DNF a book and not feel bad about it.
- There will be no green eyed monster here. Blogging isn’t a competition. Who cares if blogger ABC got an ARC that sounds amazing? If I’m that interested in the book, I can always buy or borrow the book soon enough. Who cares if blogger XYZ gets to interview someone awesome? I should be excited for them and be happy to read the interview.
- Always take time to read what I want to read.
- There’s no need to be in this for free books. The library will always have my back.
- If this ever stops being fun, I’m doing it wrong.
What are things you need to remember about book blogging?