I’ve recently rekindled my love of manors, castles, mansions, and other large, glorious homes. I’ve been fortunate enough to live in nice homes. They’re typical American homes though. I love reading books that take place in large, spacious homes! I love the descriptions. I love the idea of wandering through the house and finding what kind of secrets are hidden. Here’s a small sampling of books that take place in those large homes.
- The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson
- The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
I’m almost positive that I’ve read more books but I can’t think of them! What are some of your favorite books that take place in large homes?