I’ve been tagged by Stephanie at Five Alarm Book Reviews. I always enjoy reading these because they’re a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers. Here’s what Stephanie wants to know.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I’d just finished college and knew I was going to have a chance to read more with my new found free time. I knew about book blogs for a while so I decided to try my hand at it.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since June 2011.
3. Who are some of your favorite book bloggers? Why?
Anastasia! She’s the first blog I started reading. She drew me into
the dark side book blogging.
Claire because we have really similar taste in books. I love being able to tell her about books to pick up and she does the same for me.
4. What series have you not even started that you would still like to dive into?
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
5. What are your other passions besides books?
I used to be really into music and pretended I was super cool because I listened to bands that you’ve never heard of before. I’ve mostly outgrown that.
6. How many books on average do you read a year? Do you review them all? Is it hard to keep up?
Up until last summer I didn’t read for fun much because I was a full time student. If I read 10/15 books a year that was a lot for me. I’ve only recently started reviewing books. So far I’ve been able to put together at least quick review for all the books I’ve read. It’s not too hard right now. I’m sure it will be more difficult when I find a job.
7. What are you reading right now? What do you think of it so far?
The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale. It’s okay. I wasn’t too into it at the beginning but it’s getting better.
8. What is your favorite series? Why?
It’s a tie between Harry Potter (it’s the series that made me realize how much I love reading) and The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness (it made me realize that books can be good reading and make you question and reflect on your world).
9. What one book are you always eager to talk about?
Harry Potter. I enjoy them so much I’ve written 2 massive academic research papers on them.
10. Where is your favorite reading spot?
My bed! It’s super comfy and no one really bothers me in my room.
My Questions for the Tagged
- What’s one book that you wish you could make everyone read?
- What book(s) are you a bit embarrassed to say you’ve never read?
- Are there any books that book blogging has turned you on to that you never would have read before?
- If you had to be stuck on a deserted island, what 5 books would you bring with you?
- What’s your favorite series?
- Summarize your taste in 4 books.
- What’s your favorite stand alone book?
- What book would you want to magically transported into?
- What character(s) would you want to be best friends with? Why?
- What’s next on your to read list?
Who I’m Tagging
How It Works
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people who you have tagged.
3. Tag ten people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!