Continuing with the theme of Banned Books Week, I thought I’d share my list of books that I want to read. Is it just me or does seeing that a book is “banned” make you want to read it more? I think I’m just curious to see if the book is truly that offensive.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley [insensitivity, offensive language, racism, and sexually explicit]
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger [offensive language, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group]
- The Giver by Lois Lowry (
I’ve heard about this book for years but still haven’t read itFinally read it!)
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (Finally read it!
- ) The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky [anti-family, drugs, homosexuality, offensive language, religious viewpoint, sexually explicit, suicide, unsuited to age group]
What’s on your list? Any books that you want to read? Anything I should add to my list?