Thanks for your interest in having me review your book! I appreciate and am very flattered at every request I receive but I am unable respond to every request that I get. I will get back to you if I’m interested in reviewing your book.
Thank you for considering me though!
This blog is primarily a public reading journal. I use it to share my thoughts on the books I read. I work full-time in a library so my reading time is very limited.
I am no longer willing to be a part of blog tours, book blitzes, and other author promotions that aren’t book reviews. Thank you for your consideration I’m going to pass on those offers.
Please do NOT attach your book in the first email you send me.
I will consider review requests for Young Adult and Middle Grade books in these genres:
- Science Fiction
- Dystopia and/or Post-apocalyptic Fiction
- Occasionally Contemporary Fiction (I prefer the funny books over the more serious ones.)
- Some Historical Fiction (Preferably no Middle Ages or older time periods.)
- Books that incorporate mythology (Greek mythology is my favorite!), other literature, or literary figures.
- If your book is similar to something I’ve read and enjoyed. (Make sure you tell me what it’s similar to!)
- I’ve very picky about the Self Published books I accept.
Books I am NOT accepting for review requests
- Adult Fiction
- Children’s books (ages 0 to about 8)
- Paranormal Romance
- Romance [Seriously, even YA romance or books with a touch of romance. I hate it. I don't care about mysterious boys that show up and those that are drawn to them. Doesn't interest me at all.]
- Sports stories
- Animal stories
- Religious/Spiritual books [I am religious; I just prefer to pick out my own books on the subject]
*Fair warning, I’m not a fan of tons of gore, language, sex, or drugs. If your book has a lot of any of those, I’m not going to like it too much and will rate & review it accordingly.
I do not accept physical books (I have no room for the books I already own!) Ebooks only. I have a Kindle so any ebooks must be Kindle compatible. I am on NetGalley. If your book is on there, let me know in the request!
- Who you are
- Title and Author’s name
- Age Group and Genre of book (example: YA Mystery or MG Historical Fiction)
- Book cover
- Amazon link and Goodreads link
- Release date (if it’s not out)
- Do you need a review by a certain day? If so, when?
- Link to excerpts if available. I enjoy being able to read a few chapters while considering a request.
- Why I would enjoy the book. I have tons to read so I need a very good reason to procrastinate on my books. :)
- Any other information you want to share about the book
When I accept a book:
- I try my best to read and review everything I accept. There is a chance I might DNF (did not finish) the book. I still write a “review” if that happens. I only discuss what I read and my reasons for not finishing it. It might not be my cup of tea but instead be perfect for one of my readers.
- I don’t guarantee a positive review. My thoughts are my honest opinions; what I liked and what I didn’t like.
- Turn around time varies. I schedule posts so I tend to be booked for about 5-6 weeks out at any time. Let me know in advance if you want a review by a certain time.
- I post my reviews here and on Goodreads and sometimes Amazon.
Read all that and your book fits? Email me.
Bonus for Traditional Publishers:
I do tween programming at the library and dabble a bit with teen programming. If you have links to fun things to do with your books, please send them along with your request! I might not be able to review the book for the blog but would love to try to incorporate your book(s) into a program.
Like I said above, this is a personal reading journal not an advertising platform for authors.
If I don’t accept your book or you need help finding more book bloggers, try looking over my advice for authors.
Basic Stats as of September 2014:
- 683 Blog Readers
- 150 Goodreads Friends and Followers
- 373 Twitter Followers