Hello! Welcome to my blog.
I’m Alison. I’m still trying to figure out that whole “how to be a grown up” thing. I’m not entirely sure what I want to do with my life. I think I’d like to be a Youth Services librarian or something else book-ish. We’ll see what happens.
I’ve always enjoyed reading but going to school full time has gotten in the way of allowing me to read as much as I want. Now that I’ve finished school, I finally have time to read! I don’t have friends who read (or if they do read, we have very different tastes) so I have no one to talk about books with! This blog is my outlet for talking about all the books I read, the books I want to read, and everything in between. I “review” books here on my blog. I use the word review very loosely. I really just talk about what I like or didn’t like about the book. Nothing too fancy but hopefully it helps you figure out if you want to read a book. I also chit chat about fun book-ish things, post cool book deals, and talk about anything else I see fit.
My taste in reading is a bit all over the place. My favorite types of books are Young Adult and Middle Grade books but I occasionally read children and adult books as well. I’m really loving the dystopian trend in books right now. Science fiction and re-tellings are also pretty neat in my opinion. These are some of my favorite books.
Other random tidbits that might be of interest to you.
- I enjoy board games… a lot. When I move out and start my own family, game nights are going to be a must.
- I don’t watch a ton of television but I really love the shows that I do watch. I’m an even bigger TV on DVD fan because I can watch my beloved shows as much as I want! Some of my favorite shows are: Doctor Who, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Community, Arrested Development, and LOST.
- Brinner is one of the best ideas ever.
- I own first editions of the entire Harry Potter series.
- I’m the type of girl to drink hot coffee in summer and eat ice cream through the winter.