New Adult is a new-ish trend in fiction. These books feature protagonists that are typically 18-26 years old. The characters deal with typical issues that people go through at that age: graduating high school/college, entering college, moving out, and getting a real job. Like Young Adult books (and even Middle Grade books) the books can integrate other elements into the story: fantasy elements, romance elements, paranormal elements, etc.
Here are some of my New Adult picks:
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman
- Practice Cake by Dalya Moon
- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
- I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak [Thanks Rhin!]
- Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
- Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares
That’s only a tiny sample of the books that are out there. What are some of your favorite New Adult books?