Ahhhh Summer is here. Maybe you’re out of school for the summer or you’re taking some time away from work. Either way it’s time to kick back and relax with a cold drink and a good book. Here are some of my suggestions for summer reading.
- The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling [HP will forever be associated with summer for me since the books usually came out in the summer.]
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- A World Away by Nancy Grossman
- Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin [You can't go wrong with a hilarious, contemporary YA book!]
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman [It's got everything you need in a book: "Fencing. Fighting. True Love. Strong Hate. Harsh Revenge. A Few Giants. Lots of Bad Men. Lots of Good Men. Five or Six Beautiful Women. Beasties Monstrous and Gentle. Some Swell Escapes and Captures. Death, Lies, Truth, Miracles, and a Little Sex." ]
- Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore [These books are SO easy to get lost in.]
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
What are your suggestions for Summer Reading?